Well, we made it guys! New Years 2016!! Blah blah Blah… I’m sick of those Facebook posts about how great things happened this year and the cup is half full. I’m a positive person, but this year kind of sucked. I won’t dwell, but I want to make sure you guys and myself start 2017 off with a good attitude and a clear head. AKA as little of a hangover as possible. I’m sure you know all these, but as a reminder, here are 6 ways to cure a hangover:
1. Drink water before you go out. In between drinks and about 16-20 ounces before you go to bed! You’ll feel like it’s too much, but believe me, it’s not! Gatorade is great for replacing electrolytes, but the sugar can cause you to feel worse. If you can, stick to pure, simple H2O.
2. Carb load! Make sure you eat a good meal before you go out, obviously. But, a great help too is having toast in the morning it will bring your blood sugar levels back up.
3. Greasy Food. Okay, it’s not necessarily the type of food you eat before you go out, but we prefer greasy food anyway. (Although beware, greasy food can cause you heart burn.) Just make sure you have a good meal before you go out. Food helps slow the absorption of alcohol, so it will take longer for you to get intoxicated.
4. Pop some pills! Take an Aspirin or Ibuprofen for your headache. Avoid tylenol, which can be harmful to the liver (haven’t you done enough damage?)
5. Hair of the Dog… unfortunately, will just prolong your hangover. If you just don’t want to deal with it when you wake up, by all means crack open a cold one. However, by doing so you will just be hungover that night.
6. Alka-Seltzer has been known for years to help an upset stomach. We usually grab an Alka-Seltzer or a charcoal tablet.
7. Sleep it off the next day if you can! You will probably get a terrible night sleep after drinking so much. Take it easy the next day. People suggest “sweating out the alcohol” with a bit of exercise, but maybe wait till that night or the next day.
And try and go easy on the champagne, there is so much sugar. Perhaps, just save it for the midnight toast!
Have such an amazing night everyone! We will be doing a bit of an earlier New Years Eve this year as we hopped over to Ireland to celebrate with all the sexy Irish men… I mean enjoy the….. no it’s the Irish men. Follow along on our Instagram story @WanderLustGirls to see what type of shenanigans we get up to.